ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANA
The South African Nursery Association (SANA) was established in the year 1947 as a non-profit organisation. The main aim of the SANA is to represent the interests of the green/ nursery industry. SANA now also represents the following related associations: ABSTA (Allied, Bulb & Seed Trade Association), GCA (Garden Centre Association), and the BPGA (Bedding Plant Growers Association).
Some of the companies key objectives include: portraying a professional image of the countries Horticultural industry; creating a national communication channel with other Nursery businesses; keeping in contact with Government departments concerning issues related to the industry and environmental matters.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The South African Nursery Association (SANA) bursary programme is aimed at students pursuing their studies within the fields of Horticulture and Landscaping. PhD, Masters and BTech students may also apply – these applications will be reviewed on an individual basis.
The bursary will only provide cover for tuition fees. All other fees, including registration fees; prescribed books; accommodation; travel; allowances etc will not be covered and will be for the students own account.
Applicants will undergo an interview process with a SANA representative in their region, in May 2021.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards a Horticulture or Landscaping qualification
- Completed all modules of the 1st academic year of study
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for each subject
- A member/ apply to be a member of SANA (this is free of charge – the application form is below)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the South African Nursery Association Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph of yourself (selfie/ portrait photograph/ student card photo)
- Full academic results record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Tertiary institution’s banking details (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2021 (on tertiary letterhead)
- A completed South African Nursery Association Student Membership Form (.pdf)
- Motivational letter, must answer the following questions (what is your closest nursery, have you visited any nurseries and if so provide more details, how you see your career in the green industry developing, have you done community volunteer work and if so provide more details about it, have you been involved in the horticultural industry and if so did you volunteer or were you employed and what lessons did you learn) (minimum 150 words)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Applications must state “SANA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line)
2) Fax: Fax 086 580 9793
(Marked “SANA Bursary Application – Your Full Name”)
16 April 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the South African Nursery Association directly:
Contact Person: Elana Boshoff (Bursary Administrator)
Tel: 087 945 4621
Mobile: 082 780 7628
Fax 086 580 9793
Physical address: 14 Summit Rd, Knoppieslaagte 385-Jr, Midrand, 0157