If you are hoping to be funded by NSFAS as well as wanting to move out possibly into residence, you may be wondering is NSFAS will cover accommodation? Look no further, the answer is yes!
NSFAS not only covers tuiton fees, they student accommodation, registration fees, transport costs, books and other learning materials, and living and personal care allowances.
However regarding residence, there are certain things that NSFAS doesn’t cover. NSFAS does not pay for the deposit of private residence.
NSFAS does pay for these types of accommodation:
- Institution owned off-campus residences
- Institution owned on-campus residences
- Institution leased private accommodation
- Private off-campus accredited accommodation
- Accredited private residences
To check whether you have been funded by NSFAS, you can follow these steps:
- Login on the myNSFAS student portal via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/Application/selfservice.jsp
- Enter your username and password, then click SIGN IN!
- Click on Track Funding Progress.