Old Mutual offers to fund to students who want to pursue a career as an accountant or an actuary. Students who have excelled in school are eligible for the bursary. Every year, the Old Mutual bursary provides a chance for outstanding minds to study at a prominent South African institution. The bursary is intended to cover the majority of the expenditures.
What is an Accounting bursary?
Old Mutual offers bursaries to the best young financial minds and to people who are passionate about pursuing a career in Chartered Accounting. Ready to make a difference in the financial industry? The Old Mutual Accounting bursary is a stepping stone to your future career.
What’s in it for you?
- Trainees are provided with a broad exposure in all spheres of finance as prescribed as by SAICA
- You will get exposed to accounting and external reporting, management decision-making and control, financial management, risk management, governance and taxation
- Covers most of the costs such tuition and accommodation
- The bursary provides support for the duration of your degree
The bursary covers tuition costs at the following:
- North-West University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- University of Cape Town
- Rhodes University
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Free State
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of the Western Cape
Residence fees and one annual return flight home for students who are not studying in their hometown.
How to qualify
- If you are a South African citizen then you can apply for the bursary.
- You need to have passed matric with at least 70% or Level 6 for all subjects including Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and English
- You also need to commit to our CA Training Programme, after which you will work for Old Mutual