ABOUT THE COMPANY – ISPA
ISPA NPC, founded in 1996, is a South African non profit company and recognised Internet industry representative body. Historically, ISPA has served as an active industry body to facilitate the exchange between independent Internet service providers, ICASA and other government structures, operators and other service providers within South Africa.
ISPA has launched the Inspires Bursary programme 2020 after the 2019 retirement of ISPA’s teacher training programme, which trained more than 3 000 teachers in ICT skills over 19 years, thanks to the support of ISPA members. The “ISPA Inspires” bursary programme will concentrate its efforts on unemployed youth development, with bursaries being awarded to promising young people who wish to achieve their ambitions in the Internet industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The “ISPA Inspires” bursary programme will be awarded to promising young candidates interested in pursuing a career within the ISP (Internet Service Provider) sector, and will be awarding bursaries for studies related to ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
Successful candidates will be notified by the 31 March 2021 – if you have not heard from ISPA by 15 April 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 35 years old and younger (youth age, as prescribed in the National Youth Policy)
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying in field related to ICT (Information and Communications Technology)
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised TVET or higher educational institution in South Africa
- NOT funded by any other bursary programme
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online – please follow these steps:
1) Register an account here: https://ispa.org.za/inspires/user/register
2) Wait for the confirmation email which will contain your login details
3) Login here using your email address and password: https://ispa.org.za/inspires/user/login
4) Fill in the online application form
5) Upload your supporting documentation
6) Wait for feedback on your application
Please note: you may save your application and login to return to it, but make sure that you submit your application before the deadline stipulated below.
Please ensure that you have clear copies of the following supporting documentation, as these may be required:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Contactable references
30 December 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ISPA directly:
Tel: 010 500 1200 / 087 550 1200
Or fill in the contact form and an ISPA member will get back to you: https://ispa.org.za/contact-ispa/