Journalism bursaries and universities in South Africa
Are you a thrill-seeker with a passion for adventure and life? Then journalism might be the career path you have been looking for. Bursaries are financial aid given to deserving candidates to study in a field that they love. Can you handle the world of media?
Journalism is the production and distribution of reports on current events based on facts and supported with proof or evidence. The word journalism applies to the occupation, as well as citizen journalists who gather and publish information based on facts and supported with proof or evidence.
You have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card, you have to be able to prove the need for financial assistance and you have to provide a willingness to learn as well as a passion for the field of study chosen and outstanding academic records.
List of Journalism Bursaries for African Students
There are a number of companies providing bursaries for these and many other fields of study that one could consider for a bursary. You can have a look at:
They all have bursaries available each year in these fields of study.
Study Fields for Bursaries in Journalism
- Media Studies
- Information gathering & processing
- Laws & Policies
- Electronic Media
- Department of Journalism, Stellenbosch University
- School of Journalism and Media Studies, Rhodes University
- Department of Journalism, Tshwane University of Technology
- School of Literature, Language and Media, University of The Witwatersrand
- Center for Film & Media Studies, University of Cape Town
- Communication Studies, North-West University
- Media and Cultural Studies, University of Kwazulu-Natal
- Department of Journalism, Film and Television, University of Johannesburg
- Department of Media, Media Department Cape Peninsula University of Technology