ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Foschini Group is a South African JSE listed retail clothing group, which trades under various brands and has more than 3,000 stores within its portfolio. It is headquartered in Parow near Cape Town.
The Foschini Group Bursary South Africa : The Foschini Group (TFG) are a well-known fashion lifestyle retail organization based in Africa, and consists of the following retail stores: American Swiss, Sterns, Exact, Markham, Totalsports, Sportscene, Donna Claire, @home and a few more.
FEDISA is the sole Western Cape-based tertiary institution that offers BA and BA Honors Fashion Degrees.
These 2 organizations have partnered to offer deserving students a 3 year bursary programme.
ABOUT THE BURSARY/PROGRAMME
(Fields covered and selection)
Fashion students will be given bursaries to cover tuition fees, accommodation and other expenses like prescribed textbooks, design kits, sewing machine, clothing, room décor allowance, MacBook, required software, mobile phone with data and airtime, printing allowance, transport allowance, coaching, support. Students will also be given the chance to undertake vacation work during the June holidays at TFG. Bursaries will be awarded to students who wish to pursue a career in the fashion industry.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Strong academic record,
- Completed Mathematics, Arts and Design in Matric,
- Be able to start studies in January of the upcoming year,
- Business minded,
- Creative and have a love for fashion.
*Preference will be given to students from designated groups (per the Employment Equity Act).
HOW TO APPLY – The Foschini Group Bursary South Africa
Please Note: To apply for the bursary, students must first apply and be accepted to study at FEDISA. Once accepted, you will receive a formal letter of acceptance from FEDISA (which must then be uploaded as part of your application).
The following supporting documentation must be uploaded to your online application (via the link above)
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate/ most recent results (certified copy),
- School principal’s letter of motivation,
- Breakdown of household monthly expenses,
- If one/ both of your parent(s) are deceased, their death certificate(s) (certified copy),
- Signed declaration (click the link to download and complete),
- FEDISA formal letter of acceptance.
NONE – OPENED ALL YEAR-ROUND.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 424 0975